INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you use our Services, we collect the following types of information.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US (“PERSONAL INFORMATION”)
Some information is required to create an account on Services, such as your
- email address,
- company, and
- phone number.
To help improve your experience or enable certain features of the Services, you may choose to provide us with additional information, such as
- profile photos,
- profile information (such as a biography),
- country information,
- date of birth,
- demographic information (such as date of birth gender, height, weight and geographical residence location),
- test results (such as biometric and genomic data),
- additional health information and logs (such as diet, exercise, sleep),
- contact information (such as your mailing address and your mobile telephone number),
- community or social media username, and
- messages and media on discussion boards or to your social contacts on the Services.
You may also connect with friends on the Services or invite friends who have not yet joined by providing their email addresses, accessing social networking accounts or using the contact list on your mobile device. We do not store your contact list and delete it after it is used for adding contacts as friends.
If you contact us or participate in a survey, contest, or promotion, we collect the information you submit such as your name, email address, contact information, and message.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
If you choose to connect your account on our Services to your account on another service, we may receive information from the other service. For example, if you connect to Facebook or Google, we may receive information like your name, profile picture, age range, language, email address and friend list. You may also choose to grant us access to your personal information such as activity data or health data from other services. You can stop sharing the information from the other services with us by removing our access to each other service.However, we will store historical data that has already been collected (such as steps, activity, sleep).
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OTHER INDIVIDUALS
PAYMENT AND CARD INFORMATION
Some LifeOmic Health Services support payments and transactions with third parties. If you activate this feature, you must provide certain information for identification and verification, such as your name, billing address, credit, debit or other card number, card expiration date and CVV code. This information is used solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We do not store your payment information. We use a third-party service provider to manage payment card processing. Note that third-party payment processors may retain this information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
USAGE AND DEVICE INFORMATION
When you use our Services, we receive certain usage data (“Usage and Device Information”). This includes information about your interaction with the Services, for example, when you view or search content, install or open applications or software, create or log into your account, import data into your account, or integrate a third-party service to your account.
We may also collect data about the devices and computers you use to access our Services, including IP addresses, browser type, language, operating system, or mobile device information (including device and application identifiers), the referring web page, pages visited, location (depending on the permissions you have granted us), and cookie information.
HEALTH AND OTHER SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
To the extent that information we collect directly from you is health data or another special category of sensitive personal data subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we ask for your explicit consent to process such sensitive personal data. We obtain this consent separately when you take actions leading to our obtaining the data. You can use your account settings or contact us to withdraw your consent at any time, including by stopping use of a feature, removing our access to a third-party service, requesting deletion your data or closing your account.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for the following purposes.
PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN THE SERVICES
We use the information we collect to deliver the Services to you and honor our Terms of Service for each Service or business contract with you. For example,
- to administer, operate, maintain and secure our Services;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- for accounting, recordkeeping, backup and administrative purposes;
- to customize and improve the content of our communications, websites and social media accounts;
- to provide customer service and support;
- to communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions and requests regarding our Services; and
- to process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including alerts and notifications about your service, purchase confirmations and invoices; and
- to educate and train our workforce in data protection and customer support.
For the Services’ social features, we may use your information to help you find and connect with other users and to allow other users to find and connect with you. For example, your account contact information allows other users to add you as a friend. When another user has your email or mobile phone number in their contact list or in their friend network on a connected service, we may show that user that you are a user of the Services.
IMPROVE, PERSONALIZE, AND DEVELOP THE SERVICES
We use the information we collect to improve and personalize the Services and to develop new ones. For example, we use the information to troubleshoot and protect against errors; perform data analysis and testing; conduct research and surveys and develop new features and Services.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We use your information when needed to send you Service notifications and respond to you when you contact us. We also use your information to promote new features or products that we think you would be interested in. You can control marketing communications and most Service notifications by using your notification preferences in account settings or via the “Unsubscribe” link in an email.
PROMOTE SAFETY AND SECURITY
We use the information we collect to promote the safety and security of the Services, our users and other parties. For example, we may use the information
- to authenticate users;
- to facilitate secure payments;
- to respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, and enforce our terms and policies;
- to investigate and protect against fraud, malicious or unauthorized access, and other illegal activities; and
- to demonstrate and verify compliance with our internal policies and procedures, and applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations, such as HIPAA and GDPR.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
“De-identified” means that we have removed, or rendered unreadable through complex computational algorithms, your personally-identifiable information, such as your name, address, or birthdate. We may use de-identified information that we have obtained from our Services for various purposes, including for example:
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, we may de-identify, store and use your information for internal quality control, validation and research and development. This is important for LifeOmic Health to maintain high quality Services. We may use de-identified information as permitted by law.
- We may contribute de-identified genetic variants that we have observed in the course of providing our Services to publicly available databases such as ClinVar. We do this to increase understanding and raise awareness of the significance of genetic variants within the medical and scientific communities.
- We may use or disclose de-identified information for general research and communications purposes. This may include analysis of this information to communicate observations and learnings, for example in the case of aggregated data. This may also include research collaborations with third parties, such as universities, hospitals or other laboratories, in which we utilize de-identified clinical cases, at the individual level or in the aggregate, in accordance with our study protocols, and we may present or publish such information. This may also include commercial collaborations with private companies for purposes such as to determine the prevalence of particular disorders or variants among the patients we have tested, or to determine whether any of the patients we have tested might be suitable for potential recruitment for research, clinical trials, or clinical care; however, we will not directly contact these patients about these opportunities without their prior written consent.
For personal data subject to the GDPR, we rely on several legal bases to process the data. These include when you have given your consent, which you may withdraw at any time using your account settings and/or other tools; when the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, like the Terms of Service; and our legitimate business interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the Services, marketing new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances described below.
WHEN YOU AGREE OR DIRECT US TO SHARE
You may direct us to disclose your information to others, such as when you use our social features in our Services. For certain information, you may change your privacy preferences in account settings and use other provided tools to control how your information is visible to other users of the Services.
You may also authorize us to share your information with others, for example, with a third-party application when you give it access to your account, or with your employer company or other organizations and provide consent to each organization. Remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms. You can revoke your consent to share with third-party applications or employee wellness programs using your account settings.
FOR EXTERNAL PROCESSING
We transfer information to our corporate affiliates, service providers and other partners who process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. These partners provide us with services globally, including for customer support, information technology, payments, sales, marketing, data analysis, research and surveys.
FOR LEGAL REASONS OR TO PREVENT HARM
We may preserve or disclose information about you to comply with a law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to assert legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to prevent, detect or investigate illegal activity, fraud, abuse, violations of our terms or threats to the security of the Services or the physical safety of any person.
Please note: Our policy is to notify you of legal process seeking access to your information, such as search warrants, court orders or subpoenas, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. In cases where a court order specifies a non-disclosure period, we provide delayed notice after the expiration of the non-disclosure period. Exceptions to our notice policy include exigent or counterproductive circumstances, for example, when there is an emergency involving a danger of death or serious physical injury to a person.
We may share non-personal information that is aggregated or de-identified so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. We may disclose such information publicly and to third parties, for example, in public reports about exercise and activity, to partners under agreement with us or as part of the community benchmarking information we provide to users of our subscription services.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, we will continue to take measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information and give affected users notice for the transferring of any personal information to a new entity.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and control your personal information via account settings and/or our tools we provide to you, regardless of where you live. If you live in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland (the “Designated Countries”), you have a number of legal rights with respect to your information, as outlined below.
Accessing and Exporting Data. By logging into your account, you can access much of your personal information. Using your account settings, you can also request a download information in a commonly used file format.
Editing and Deleting Data. Your account settings and certain platform APIs let you change and delete your personal information and/or account data. For instance, you can edit or delete the profile data you provide and delete your account if you wish.
If you choose to delete your account, please note that while most of your information will be deleted within 14 days, it may take up to 90 days to delete all of your information, such as the data stored in our backup systems. This is due to the size and complexity of the systems we use to store data. We may also preserve data for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the How We Share Your Information section.
Objecting to Data Use. You can control usage of your data via account settings or other application APIs or tools. For example, you can:
- limit how your information is visible to other users of the Services;
- limit the notifications you receive from us; and
- revoke the access of third-party applications that you previously connected to your account.
Restricting or Limiting Data Use. In addition to the various controls that we offer, if you reside in a Designated Country, you can seek to restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances. Please note that you can always delete your account at any time.
Further Assistance. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. You may also contact our EU representative at https://www.verasafe.com/privacy-services/contact-article-27-representative.
If you reside in a Designated Country and you are not satisfied with our response, you will have a prompt, no-cost way of asserting your claim by contacting our chosen independent dispute resolution body JAMS. If you reside in a Designated Country, you may have the right, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration, and, alternatively, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, our lead supervisory authority, whose contact information is available here.